Wilson Harbor Invitational 2012

Change the Entry Fee?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Change the Entry Fee?

• Yes
    • No

We are tossing a few ideas around, but since this is the "fisherman's tournament" it's up to you guys to decide to change it or keep it how it was in 2011. We are keeping this a one day shootout, but we want to put more emphasis on the Friday event. Here's is what we tossed around:

* Up the entry fee from $800 to $1000 - This will increase 1st place to $25K, push another $5k into 2nd through 10th, and lastly add $5k to the Friday event given we obtain our full field of 75 boats.

Also, if anyone knows of any potential sponsors please have them call Kevin Jerge @ 716-863-1001 or Rick Hajecki @ 585-704-7996

Im going to say no. If friday were a 3 fish event then maybe. Right now its a "luck" day. Just my opinion. Also I think the payout was just fine last year. Be carefull not to overprice it. That kind of money should be a 2 day event.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Welcome the increase to $1000 and bigger payouts. Personally I don't like more money thrown into a Big Fish Friday. Bit of a luck fest. Besides many teams don't beat up their water on Friday and rather spend the time searching and eliminating water. I think it would be better spent giving 11th through 15th their money back.

Darryl

Silver Junkies

I disagree w the 2 day idea completely. Your either on your game or your not.. No coming back to the dock to discuss w everyone were the fish are fior day 2.. Then go out and capitalize on the info.. It's not fair.. We either get it right the first time or not. Either way I'm against the 2 day theory

Chris

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

I agree with Maverick and Tall Tails Brian! Competitors come from hundreds of miles for this tournament! Including our team! It's nice to have all day Sunday to get your boat back home and yourself! Easy for you Vince you can walk home from this event :lol: Make it a 2 day and watch the entrees decrease! Just think! Weigh in would finish up at about 6 pm on Sunday, then dinner and awards finish up around 10 or 11 pm. Obviously the one day is the way to go! Congrats to commitee on a job well done! :clap:

Dave

I like the one day format as is...

However, I would like to see a minimum of 3 fish for the Friday event or maybe 5 for weighing to take the Luck side of just one big fish.

If agreeable to 3 or 5 fish, I would support the $ 1,000 entry and pay more for Friday.

Also,maybe there can be a separate "buy in" for A BIG FISH for the Friday gig to reward those weighing a single BIG fish. Like an additional $100 and pays the top 3 single big fish weighed. This would be totally optional.

Captain Pete

Vision Quest

Well, Ive heard the arguement for the 2 day format. I will say at this time that it will remain one day. The idea is to take the human component out of it. I wont say never but it was fun last year and over all well recieved. I will say that we are attempting to add a bit$ to the Friday event so that there is yet more chances to win. We however dont want to overshadow the main event or use each days score collectively at this time. How bout a Grand Slam Friday best Brown, Lake tout, and Salmon. Something to add some strategy! Of course we can put some cash there too. Overall it would be great to add to the payout every year. Where else can such a small handfull of guys have a shot at 25k? Looking forward to your comments more soon!

I also like the one day event. Have to be on your game with no second chance. I also agree that it should be more than the big fish on Friday, 3 like most of the others seems good and / or a separate entry for the biggest. I like the concept for multiple species. That would be fun.

Can't wait to hear more and agree on raising the entry to 1000.

Jeff

I feel as the majority does. I am fine with raising the entry, but given a choice I prefer a big three fish over the single "big fish" format on Friday.

Kevin...I look forward to someone starting a grand slam tournament, that would be the ultimate IMO, and if that is what you guys decide to go with on Friday that would be fun, however since the WHI is a king salmon only tournament, I personally would prefer to spend my pre fishing time focused on Kings.

That being said though, somewhere, somehow, we do need a grand slam event...hint, hint :D

One Day this year proved it's the way to go. It also leaves Sunday if you get a blow off.

Entry money doesn't seem an issue and I'm sure $1000 would work.

Hope I'm lucky enough to get invited in 2012. Look forward to it. Class Tournament Kevin.

I would like too see the Friday event go to browns or even steelies for a change.. Laker Friday maybe.. Let's fish for something else in this tourney.. Other than kings if we so choose too.. That would be a nice refreshing break.. And the kings would probably agree if they could. Lol.. Just a small thought like Kevin said.. Spice things up a bit..

Chris

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

i know the event will stay at one day for now but I would like to see this event go to two days in the future. You guys say to keep it one day and be on your game. Someone can get lucky and find 6 fish for a one day just like they can find one fish for big fish friday. Obviously its not as easy as one fish but we all know it happens. Whats being on your game more then doing it for two days in a row?

We have no problem with an increase in money. I agree with Rod, if the tournament is kings only then Friday should also be for chinook whether 1 big fish or a 3 fish box.

We also like the one day format for the fact that I have about a 7 hours journey through Toronto traffic to get home. :(:(

Congrats to the committee on a job well done this year. It was a very well run tournament.

Later

Al

My team agrees with Maverick and Kevin in keeping the event to one day and Rob with having a Grand Slam event on Friday. We are leaning more to Mavs and Kevin idea of mixed bag but whatever way it will still be a good time. :clap:

Couple things we are throwing in is instead of giving Uncle Sam a bigger cut that there be a larger number of team payouts and maybe some gift certificates ,and we aint talkin about gear, but maybe entree fees to the the next WHI, maybe one or two Pro/Ams entries of your choice or even accomadations. Just cut back on the feds share.

Just our $.02. We are looking forward to next years event. :yes:

Howie - Hannah Christine

Fishing for trout on friday? No way. If Im there to win $25,000 for kings, you can bet your ass Im not fishing for lake trout on friday. If my entry is going to go for that on friday then we wont be there. Honestly I can'T believe it would be an option.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png