Oneida 8/15

coup

Got the Godfrey launch around 3pm and fished till dark. I am new to this lake and this type of fishing so the wife and I stayed right out front of the launch and trolled for most the time. Marked a ton of fish but could only get one walleye to hit a worm harness in 13ft of water. Lots of weeds floating fowling up the inline boards and baits. Very drizzly day but good start to vacation and testing out the new boat also went well.

003372.jpg

Thanks guys. We were just flat lining harnesses out 100 to 150ft back. We do not think the harnesses were deep enough when we swung out over 30ft of water. Do you guys usually troll with them right on the bottom using some weight to get them there?

Coup

this time of year they seem to change a bit,my wife and i fish there all the time. weare seeing change from worms,to cranks...we have been coming in with are limit in a short time,butnot last weekend.crank baits seem to be working at this time,on the bottom,split back rapalas...good luck out there

man , this has been the hottest walleye bite Ive had in the last four years by far , Ive limited out every time this year since june 1st , most of the time im on the water by 0600 and got my limit befor 0900 , 5 color ledcore rigs 40+ fow , home made worm harnesses 48" 15lb floro , chrome leaf blades white beads , twin blood red hooks, lots of white and yellow perch inbetween the eyes , also threw out a home made harness with a #4 colo fire tiger blade this past sun 8/14 and landed a nice 20" sm 27fow south side of messenger, my 10yr old had quite a time landing it on a 9' accudepth off an outrigger, well tight lines fellas , i hope this keeps up for all of us . peace......

I agree with REDEYES, I would go with cranks/stick baits this time of year. However, I RARELY run them down to bottom this time of year. A lot of fish are suspended as high as 15' down over the deep water 40'+. Watch the sonar and try to get your baits where you are marking the fish.

Fished for 2 hours last night and picked up 4 nice eyes. They were down 20' - 25' then just before dark they went deeper and were near bottom.