beads on tourney ties

How many beads do you guys run 2 or 3? Also what's everyones favorite colors? Does it make a huge diffrence? I tied a bunch with the green prism. Somewith 2 green and a glow. On the river I get pretty weird about beads with the nail polish and all. But is it make a huge diffrence on the trolling flies

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

i been asking guys at the docks and i'm getting different answers depending on who you ask. the guy i just bought my boat from (highly respected) said he ran both 2 and 3 and thought color was more of a factor. he had green, black, blue, red, chartruse, white, and glow on most of his. i ended up tying about 30 rigs mostly with 3 beads using green, chartruse, red, white, glow, and spawn color (the beads we run in the river). i even put a docotred clear w/red nail polish spots bead on to see if manybe that works. who knows with these fish. as soon as we think we know how they think, they go and outsmart us once again! if i see a pattern in the next couple trips, or hear any secrets at the docks, i'll post em up.

Some of the best fly fisherman in Oswego run yellow beads on 95% their tourney rigs. Me personally, I like to use different colors, and stick with 10mm beads. We use 3 in between the treble and octopus.

3 10 mm beads really? 10mm is huge

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

I use (2) 6mm beads between the hooks and (2 or 3) 8mm beads between the fly body amd the top hook. Like Nick said...however many it takes to put the hook at the bottom of the skirt. I am in that group Rick mentioned that use a UV chartruse bead more than any other color.

The standard beads on a fly are 8mm. The beads on a tourney tie between the hooks are a 6 mm. We have super glow beads in 10MM on the site for sale that work fine. We had a mold made in Penn and have our xxxtreme beads made there in 8mm for under the skirt. We had them made in the UV mountain dew, UV, xxxtreme glow green and blue glow. We also are testing something right now that is rocking that I think we will do next year. If you are running a light colored fly like mirage or little boy blue differant colored beads change the whole fly. Have some fun with it, BW

OK, I stand corrected.....I guess I never measured them. 8MM it is. Sorry guys.

However, for the guys who say color doesn't matter. The Hammer fly was conceived because of yellow beads under a blue skirt. BW is 100% correct too when he talks about how beads change light colored flies.