Walleye Fall 2006(lots of pictures)

Looking....judges?.....trolling!!

Yes, great pics indeed. As a walleye enthusiast it's a beautiful sight to see that such great size and numbers can be had in a number of spots, Quinte being the king of them, within a reasonable drive from the Roch. Been there a few times icefishing myself. SIZE!! Trouble is that you can only bring one days limit back across the border. If you stay at a B&B there's a few places that will actually prepare your catch for the next morning's breakfast so if you go for a few days you can sort of eat as you go.

If you stay at a B&B there's a few places that will actually prepare your catch for the next morning's breakfast so if you go for a few days you can sort of eat as you go.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who eats fish for breakfast. :) Used to be a staple during the summer when I was growing up.

Outstanding fish and pictures. :D I really need to motivate myself to take my Lund up to Quinte next fall for some of that. The "average" size of those fish is just something you don't see anywhere else. Do you drive up there almost every weekend to fish and where do you like to stay when you go?

[quote name="big-o" Any one that is intrested in trying for them... just let me know' date=' I'll set you up with as much info as possible ... help make it a successful trip

Phil[/quote]

Thanks Phil, that's very kind of you and next fall I may ask you for some more specific advice.

Big-o.. Wow! Great pics and report! I've hit Quinte several times, but never for the late fall bite. We do get piggies like those on Erie, but I don't think our average would match yours. We started fishing the Mud Bay area of Ontario recently and intercepted a few of your fish on the way across the pond..but don't worry.. we didn't get many! I don't ice fish, but I understand that a good number of walleye winter over in Mud Bay.. hoping they stick for the opener so we can get a shot at them! Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)

• 2 months later...