Hot Lure: Green Echip w/ Hypnotist Fly

Trolling Speed: 2.5-3.0

Down Speed: 2.7

Boat Depth: 130-220

Lure Depth: 60-80

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Got out late today with some family members to see what we could find. Started in front of East Bay over 100 fow and worked out to 220 fow with a very blank screen, so we worked further west and swung back in to 135 fow where we picked up a small king on the 80 ft rigger. We started marking quite a few fish and occasional bait pods. In the next hour we worked a half mile honey hole and had 5 more hits, hooking into one major that almost spooled us before it bit the fly off.

We had 50 degrees down 90 ft, but most of the fish we marked and all that we hooked up with were sitting in the bath water 60-80 ft down where we had temps 60-68 degrees. Hits came on Nader Gator stinger mags, green echip w/ Hypnotist fly, and carmel dolphin spinny with mirage sushi fly. Best screen was 130-150 fow. Will be out all day on Fri for the fall LOC - let's see that 40+ lb'er!! :clap:

Bummer on the starter!! Hopefully it will be a quick fix for ya! The lake was beautiful today!! I wish I could fish this weekend, but I have to DJ a wedding on Sat an hour south of Buffalo then spend one more remaining family day on Sunday before I hit the water almost every day through the end of the LOC. Mon-Wed we'll be down fishing the bar, then we'll be back to O-town for the rest of the season. I'm stoked for putting some BIG kings in the boat!! 8)

Has anyone else noticed that the kings are fighting much harder this year or is it just us? We've lost more gear this year than the last 10 years combined!! And the upper teens kings have fought and felt like 30 pounders. Maybe I'm just getting old... :$

Thanks Tom! Yeah, I have missed being on the water! I think I'll get my fix over the next few weeks! :P

Fish hitting harder this year…YEAHHHH I think so also. I mentioned that in a post that I did a few weeks back.

"We did lose some tackle due to inexperience on the rods and very big fish, which is normal. We did not feel pressured for doing so. “

"The fish were very aggressive and hit hard than ran.â€

Mark

Thanks for the report Tim! We should be out all day tomorrow also, we are usually on ch9.

The fish this year are fighting much harder, my best guess is due to the insane currents we have had.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

It almost seems like they are a different strain, like they are putting steroids in the stocking pens or something! :lol: If the one major we had on yesterday didn't break-off, we probably would have had to chase to avoid it spooled us - it wasn't stopping! 8)

I'll give you a holla tomorrow Nick!