Caught nice fish, but ....

So, we were out yesterday evening, my 9 year old son and I.

Got the lines out and trolled for about 10 mins - bam one line starts screaming out. Bam another line screams on the wire. So I pick up the one rod, and the other rod is to hard for my son to pull out of the rod holder, so we tighten the drag a bit and just leave it. He grabs the net and goes to the dive deck on the stern as I reel in the one fish, and bam the third rod goes. By this time the second rod in the rod holder stops bobbing so I figure fish is off. I ask him to drop the net and grab the third rod, as it looks like a more manageable fish.

What does he do???? Drops the net into Lake Ontario .... :@ He's like, uh Dad, was I supposed to do that. Figuring he shouldn't have he almost jumps off the boat to swim after it!!! :(:(

I'm now screaming :o:(:o like a lunatic to prevent him from jumping, in between the bleeped out words because my $70 net is now sinking to the bottom of the lake, and we have 2 big fish on!!! :@

Holy smokes, I nearly had a brain artery blow!

After the screaming got done and I managed to calm down, it was all good. We had a good laugh at it. :D:D Ended up going 6 for 8 and had to pull out 5 salmon all between 15 and 22 lbs out with my bare hands. :yes:

Off to buy a new net today ... I think I'll tie this one to the boat! :lol::lol:

By the way if anyone snags into a 20" net with a red retractable handle between Bronte and Sixteen Mile in about 130 feet of water (think it has my name on it Mark Bellino) - would appreciate a PM!!! :clap::clap:

That was a Flash from the Past... Reminded me of the Night I had the Family out on an evening trip and we had Doubled on Majors and my girls were young.. The oldest was like 9 yrs old, and the youngest was 5yrs old and I asked her to put the boat in Neutral....We had a 24 foot Penn Yan... She was a good Driver but had never asked her to put it in neutral before.. Ohh She put it in Neutral and Continued to slam it into Reverse and we were all laying on the deck of the boat........ Was not funny at the time, but its funny now......... Enjoy those Days Mark....... Woody

Mark,

And for any one else. What I did to prevent this same thing from happening is to pick up a can of spray foam. Filled the end handle ( the one that is inside the other) and the hoop. Have not tested it on the lake yet but it floats in the pool.

Glad you were able to calm down and have a good laugh with your son. Would hate to turn him off just because of an accident.

Great fishing and memories.

Richard

Yes, it was a bit tough landing the kings - basically we lost the one on the starboard wire, it shook off.

I had a 22lb'r on my line which I reeled in while my son realed in the 18 or 20 lb'r (forgot now). When I got mine close he put his rod in the holder and took my rod so I could dehook the fish and release, then we moved onto his rod and landed that one.

I don't know if I was more tire from reeling in the fish or from the emotional meltdown!! :lol::lol:

Ya, it's all good. Told him I loved him no matter what. He was so excited to go out tonight again, but the rain held us off.

Did anyone test there luck out there tonight?