HOT SPOT "AGITATOR" FLASHERS

The new Hot Spot "Agitator" Flasher comes in 9" & 71/2" sizes in Blue Mountain Dew, Strawberry Mountain Dew, Green Mountain Dew, Chartreuse Mountain Dew, 50/50 Mountain Dew, Red/Chartreuse Mountain Dew, Plaid, Purple Haze, Green & Chartreuse.

My top producer for years has always been an 11" Hot Spot Bullfrog & cut bait but not this year. I rigged two of the 9" Agitators in tandem with a 24" leader at the front & a 16" leader between the two Agitators. What I did was attach the tandem Agitators to the ball & run an Apex 5.5 Rocket 5' behind & above the Agitators. There has never been a time on the water using this set up that it hasn't outfished all my other rods. The Agitator is designed to run at any speed & is to be used trailing a spoon or body bait. It will not interfere with the action of the lure. I'm sold!! AgitatorFlashers004.jpg

Last Sunday I went out of Port Credit. After the first hour in tight went out into 200 fow for some fun. Total number of fish 15, total number on the Agitator combo = 13. I even put another Apex 5.5 Rocket running clean on another rigger as that's always been a good producer & wanted to make sure the hits weren't just the lure that was getting them but I stll couldn't keep Agitator combo in the water!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Stan I kept meaning to reply to your thread. I've never seen those flashers so I can't comment on them but I field tested a similar type flasher for Hot Spot several years ago. In fact I think the first one's to come out with a similar action were the "Konezones" & it was a couple of years prior to those coming out on the market. All I can say it took Hot Spot a number of years to finally put them on the market but their design's been there for quite awhile.