Broken Accudepth Pro Rods??

i have a few accudepth pro rods that i purchased from basspro. ive broken two of them this year. they were new last summer and have not been abused at all. im careful with all my gear. i didnt high stick them either. the first one broke when i tripped a dipsy. i just reeled down and gave it one quick snap coming up no higher than 10 o clock. ive done it this way many other times with no problems. the other broke when i was popping a planer board release on my leadcore rod. also had a friend break the same model rod last fall tripping a dipsy. both rods broke in the same place, 4 inches from the end of the male ferrule. anybody else have any problems with these rods? i have a couple left but dont plan on buying any more. also have okuma classic glt's and shimano tdr's and havent had any problem with them. thanks, mark

I have broken two of the same rod's also.One trying to just release it from a rigger!The other one on a dipsy, even though they are not dipsy rods still should not have broke.I have also had a Shimano Talora break trying to releas it of a rigger. No problams with the Okuma's.

Matt

-JakyBaby-

I had two break in a row. Bought one, it broke first trip out. I returned it to Bass Pro. They relaced it no questions asked. The replacement broke first trip out also. I returned to Bass Pro only to stand in line with someone else with the same broken rod for return. I got an Ugly Stick for a few bucks in exchange and have been happy since. FYI. mine was a 8'3" medium light if I remember correctly.

In the past I have been EXTREMELY happy with the Diawa rods. The old Firewolf has been a great dipsey rod for me.