What rod for a wire/ dipsey rig?

I agree on the Heartland rods. They work well. We tried the Diawa 47h and I was disapointed with the newer reels. The old ones, I have 6 27H's and the quality was great. Sent the 47's back and got two Okuma's and found them much better. They are the convector series. I'm sure others will have other opions :D

The Daiwa SG47LCA is a great reel for wire applications. I have some that I've run for several years and they've held up beautifully. The other top choice is the Shimano Tekota. They're considerably more expensive than the SG47LCA, but are a great choice. I had some of the old Daiwa Accudepths that I ran as wire reels and they simply didn't hold up under repeated use. They made it through two seasons and then needed to be re-built. I now use them for brown trout fishing. I have two of the new Accudepth Plus reels that I've been testing for Daiwa as wire reels and I've been very, very impressed with them this season. For less than $50, they're a hard reel to beat.

Wire divers are probably the most harsh application for any rod or reel, so remember that you get what you pay for, especially with the reel. The Heartland rod has been a great performer for us in wire applications too.