Henderson Harbor

Hello all,

I'm new to the board, so first let me say hi to all the northern folks. I am active duty Air Force, just got back from Al Asad, Iraq with the A-10's at the end of May. I am stationed at Pope AFB, NC. I fish the American Bass Anglers Trail, and have qualified to fish the regional. It will be at Henderson Harbor the middle of Sept. I am wondering how to approach this body of water? Is there grass with LM Bass, or do I concentrate on SM bass?? Is the water clear or stained? I heard Lake Ontario is a great fishery, just looking for some general info. I have looked at the map and have decided to stick to US waters, what bays are productive? If any of you'll are ever near Fayetteville, NC let me know and we can hook up..

Thanks for any info you'll are willing to share...

Hello Laca'

Thank you for serving our country and welcome back! I am only a part time angler in that part of the lake, and there are those on this board who fish it regularly. However, I have casually observed some of the bass tourneys out of the Henderson area.. The locals sometimes refer to it as the Golden Crescent. It is a great multi-species region. As far as bass populations go, smallies outnumber largemouth many times over, but those tourneys are nearly always won with LM. If I were you I'd take a hard look at Chaumont Bay. There is more weed growth and aquatic life there than anywhere else on that part of the lake. Lets see what other responses you get.

thanks for the info. I've been studying the map and was looking hard at Chaumont Bay for some greenies..Hopefully the wind will not get up to much that I can make that trip for 2 days if I find something..

I guess you'll don't have alot of bass fisherman up in that area, this post has been viewed over 200 times with only 2 responses??..WOW.. :?

Anyway thanks for the info you are willing to share..