Surface Temp:

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: 3 / 11/ 0/ 1

Total Boated:2 / 5/ 0 / 1

Species Breakdown:7 kings and a laker,

Hot Lure: Big Weenie brand flies Dawn's Nappy Monkey, Pole Dancer and Jon's Custom Weiner

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed: 1.9 to 2.3

Boat Depth: 120 to 140

Lure Depth: Varied

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Went out with a friend and his son in the a.m. Friday who have not fished the lake before. We find out his son doesn't like the waves so we had to leave the lake at 6:00 and did not get back out to fishing until 9:30 after we dropped his son off with his mother back at camp. We were able to get 2 kings. One off the rigger down 120 and and then took a rip on the custom blue weiner but nobody was home by the time we got to it. About a half hour later the 400' copper trolling a Mag Black widow spoon is screaming out line after a long battle and my friend complaining that his arms were tired we boated the king. I told him "Welcome to the world of Copper line fishing". :lol: We trolled a little while longer to try and get him his limit with not luck. We motored back to camp, He was tired and had enough time on the water.

Bruceskings.jpg

Went out with Jeff empty hook Waner around 6:00 to see if we could get a few in the box. He says we're getting double digit action and I say "no way" a few at most. Boy was I wrong. It was slow at first. We were discussing the affect of playing music and fishing , similar to the post last week here on the LOU. I myself always play music on the boat. Plugged in the ipod and put a on mixture of 80's and hair band music from the day and rods were firing. The dipsey with the chrome and green dot spinny was the first to go and I lost every thing including the dipsey. Why did it break off with the drag set just right. Well so at least I know this pod of fish likes that music. After that we were tripping over each other going for the rods and for the next 2 hours we had doubled up 3 times . On one occasion Jeff had 500' foot of line out and I had 450'. His spit the hook and my wire line broke again. This time it got snagged in my roller rod. I cautiously started hand lining it all back in just in case he was to take off with the wire line around my hand, but he was gone. That's 2 break offs in one night. I am starting to think my roller rods may be the culprit. Anyway, We just couldn't keep the dipseys in the water for a long period of time. One was down 325 with a mtn dew flasher and a pole dancer. The other was a green pro troll and a Dawns nappy monkey fly. We had a blast. A lot of action in a short amount of time.

81911kings.jpg

hookedup.jpg

The end result of the last battle of the night

81911king.jpg

I thought for sure we had them nailed the next day.

I went back out to the same water the next day to be greeted by the entire Lake Ontario fishing fleet. I had my friend and son who was determined to over come his fears after seeing the fish we had caught the day before. Well they were shut down for us and alot of people from what I understand. We couldn't get anything to go and after a few hours on the lake with no action we called it a day.

Sunday morning I went out the Jolly Roger boys from Mike's marina on their boat to fish with them. I was not sure if we could get out even with the storm brewing. We headed out and set up in 120 FOW and after about 20 minutes we had 3 rods fire. 2 rods had nobody home and the one that was on the end of my rod was there and the fight was on. After about 15 minutes we boated a nice king.

82111king-1.jpg

Shortly after the storm hit and we headed for safe harbor as did everyone else.

stormisbrewing.jpg

Its coming!

Dream Catcher's heading back in

haulingbuttoffthelake.jpg

Video of us coming back in the storm. We're rocking and rolling back to the harbor and can't see shore. Thank god for GPS and a compass.

Looking forward to next weekend. Just hope we can get out on the lake.

http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/ff2/ ... G_0106.mp4

Most excellent report :yes: Depends on the roller rod I suppose. The Taloras rock, and I fished with blue diamond roller rods a lot this season and while I don't love the rods, we never had a wire break off.

Good luck this weekend....hope to be out there too!

I emailed Okuma about the problem. I have my old cabela's 10'6" telephone poles that I used the past 4 years without issue, other than hard to maneuver around them in a smaller boat. Good luck to you guys this weekend. Heading up to the Lake now. It look like Friday and Saturday are going to be pretty good and Sunday Irene will make her presence known. Probably going to just pack and head back home.