Wind question

It will drive temps in the Mexico Area down. Wind from the NE will transport the surface water to the West and Northwest due the combined wind force and Coriolis effect (which acts 90 degrees to the right of the wind force in the Northern Hemisphere). This displaced water will be replaced by the upwelling of colder bottom water and an eastward transport of colder sub surface waters into the eastern basin.

We will be up Monday, I was really hoping to stay away from combat trolling in tight along the salmon river mouth. I enjoy deep trolling for kings more :(. Of course we have to make it through the hurricane here in Mass first. Damn hurricane

Cold waters from deep in the lake lack dissolved oxygen and you may find no fish in them. Warm surface waters after a storm and a lot of whitecaps could be where the action is at. Cold stream waters from cold nights will pull the spawners and egg sucking rainbows into the shore around the mouth of the streams.

Jimski2. To my knowledge oxygen depletion not a problem in the deep waters of Lake Ontario or any of the other Great Lakes with the exception of Lake Erie. Excessive nutrients and algal blooms haved cause the problem in Lake Erie but the situation there is improving. Your are right about Lake Erie.