First time/Longtime

Drewracz

Name: Drew Racz

Home Port:Central Jersey

Boat Name/Type:Jersey Boy/19 ft LUND

I fish for:Fish

==================

Hi Everyone!!

I have followed this site for several years and appreciate all the help and candidness of its memebers. It has certainly been instrumental in improving my success as a recreational fisherman in what initially started out as a very frustrating and humbling endeavor.

I am heading up to Sandy Pond to fish the Derby on the 31st and fishing through to the 3rd along with 12 of my closest friends. Started fishing this area about 10 years ago with my brother-in-law and have hooked many others on this great fishery as you can see by the number of confirmed participants this year. Any report on the fishing in the area of the Dunes to Mexico Bay is greatly appreciated.( ie: water/rigger depth, flasher/fly colors, speed, Dipsy depth, etc.).. Also, How is the access to the Sandy Pond inlet? Will be staying at the New Sandy Pond Steakhouse Resort & Spa (Wig-Wam) and will be glad to discuss each days sucess over some cold brewskies (on me). Also willing to provide cell # to anyone interested in sharing info or contact on radio.

Thanks again to all!!

Drew

What's up drew. Have you been to the wigwam before? We tried to find it one night on our snowmobiles but somehow got lost. That's a story for another season and another message board though. I'll be up the 28th till the 4th fishing anywhere from the pond to the plant and maybe off towards oswego. I know i'll be out every morning, but the wife and kids keep me on shore in the afternoons. Let me know what channel you're on. We usually scan 68 and 72. Brew Master.

Nick

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Hi Nick,

I have stayed there every year for the last ten years. They have clean rooms and the restaurant and bar is right down stairs. The food has always been excellent. The also have a boat launch and dock right out the back door. I also monitor 68. give a holler or stop by for a cold one. We usually fish the mornong and evening and get back to the dock afound 8PM. Where are you staying?

We have a cabin at selkirk this year. My dad wound up staying home an extra day because of the hurricane blowing through so I doubt we'll get until tomorrow morning. I'll try ya tomorrow morning to see how you made out. Lake looks pretty nice right now.

We were 3 for 7 today out in front of the plant. Actually just before the plant. All flasher and flies 75 to 104 down in 100 to 113 feet of water.250 and 300 out of the dipsey divers on a 3 setting. Plus a 300 copper took a hit while I was setting it. Wound up in a lost fish though.

Fished till 920 this am. Went 6 for 7. Lost one on a mag spoon on our 300 copper. Landed 3 on a 280 dipsey with a sushi fly, 1 on a 129 dipsey, then riggers at 90 and 104. I was resetting the diver when the 90ft rigger fired so I put the dipsey down and a minute later it fired. Fun times. Same 100-125 ft of water near the plant.

Hi nick

Got on water at 4pm yesterday. Went 3/3 last note and again this morning. 90-100 95 down. Green n white sd n hammer fly. My son just weighed a32# at woodsy tackle. Plan on going back out this afternoon. Most of the fish came off the so dunes.

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

Yeah that seemed like the place to be from the radio chat. We went 3 for 4 this am. Started off the plant again and landed 2 lost one. Glow green flasher and glow green fly down 105 and a 300 copper pulling an nk mag dolphin spoon. Not marking anything so we ran over just off the river and trolled with the waves landing another one out in 120 some foot of water down 104ft before we had to get a guy in to head home at 1030. We'll be off the river or selkirk tomorrow am heading north hopefully. Thanks for the report and congrats on the fish. Our biggest so far came this am just over 26lbs. I'll let you know if we do anything tomorrow on 68. Jersey boys right?

We finished the morning 4 for 6 with a couple of short hits I'm sure. There were 3 times our diver rods started bouncing and released but no one home. The last fish we caught was when we chatted. Came on our 300 copper and it was a small one we tossed back. Guess we didn't do to bad except our fish hawk probe crapped out on us. How did you guys do today?

Nick