nice kings from Olcott/Oak

PolarBear

My friend Mike Popson bought a deep V boat and wanted to set it up for trolling , so I hooked him up with a pair of Cannon Downriggers , 2 - 48'' berts tracks , 2 Berts Rachet rod holders and 2 Berts Swivel Rigger bases . We done the install and he good to go . So we watched the weather and made the trip to the Oak for some trolling .We trolled the Oak in the morning and ran down to Olcott for the evening bite , We ended up catching some nice kings with the advice from Yankeee Troller . Here are some pictures of Mike and his father with a couple nice kings on their first trolling experience . Spin Doctors and A-TOM-MIK flys worked in the morning and MC Rockets and Rhys Davis Heads behind Nils Master VK Flashers worked in the evening .... thanks for looking .

DSC02242.jpg

DSC02240.jpg

well yer off and running , nice fish....even tho ya done good at olcott, this time of year from 4pm on the water outside the oak should be lighting up like majic in the 100fow area. When the temps are right its not uncommon to get 10 plus big fish between 4 and dark.Run the morning program, them big boys been sittin it out all day and are ready to put the feed bag on....and 99% of the boats are done for the day ;)

The Polar Bear strikes again!!!!!!! Anyone who knows the polar bear know he can flat out fish!!!!!! He told me exactly what I needed to get rolling. I have been fishing the lake by Big Sodas/ little sodas/ Port Bay for 15 years for bass, WOW was I missing out. I don't know what I was thinking. I will still spend a week bass fishing but after that I'm going for the BIG FISH. Thank for the great memories, I will never forget the trip it was the one of my all time best fishing trips ever. Let do it again this weekend. Thanks Mike