Cayuga 8/27

Great morning! I am loving this 3 rod rule. We set up on the west shore in about 100 fow.. Tons of bait. We ran 3 riggers 53 58 and 63 down, two dipseys and both 10 colors and 300 copper off the boards. From 6am to 9:30 we could not keep all rods in the water. It was literally crazy. We lot count of fish but 3 triples and 4 doubles were part of the action. We did very few lakers, 90% of the fish were browns and LL. Biggest brown was 9 lbs with tons in that 5-6 range. My wife agreed a safe estimate would be 35 fish. At 9:30 we lost our bite. Even the bait had moved. Our hot lures included purple/silver spoons. White s/d and big weenie extreme procotoligist. Green silver protroll with shark week fly. Blue/silver stick off the 10 color.

So the new 3 rod rule allows 3 rods per person I assume? Is that only with one person or is the rule basically changed to 3 rods per person no matter what?

I hadn't heard of this yet, but it sounds great!

So the new 3 rod rule allows 3 rods per person I assume? Is that only with one person or is the rule basically changed to 3 rods per person no matter what?

I hadn't heard of this yet, but it sounds great!

It's 3 rods per fisherman freshwater only. No change for saltwater fishing. New legislative rule allowing this change was signed by Gov. Cuomo on 8/17/11.

That's great. I spend a fair amount of time trolling by myself or with one other person on Canandaigua and an extra rod or two could be a big help! A friend of mine just got a ticket for running 3 rods about 3 weeks ago. He was in the process of changing rigs. Bad timing!

Thanks so much for the info!

If I remember correctly the third rod rule is for Lake Ontario only, but I may stand corrected.

ok I found it, I strand corrected,

(2) one person may operate not more than two lines, with or without

rod, EXCEPT THAT ONE PERSON MAY OPERATE UP TO THREE LINES IN FRESHWATER;