Fair Haven Aug 4 & 5, 2007

Water temps are finally beginning to re-stabilize out of Fair Haven, but the fish are still really scattered. We worked from 120-630FOW the past two days. Best screen was in either 510FOW or 140-180FOW, although neither was great looking. We found 40 degree water down 90 ft. this weekend. That Maui Wowie rig took three or four hits this weekend, mostly in the early morning. I remembered to take a picture of it for you guys:

Aug.452007031.jpg

That's a blue double crush glow spinny in front of a Siggs Rigs Maui fly. It's a neat looking fly...it's blue with what looks to be some mirage in it.

We also had bites on the Dalmatian/Blue Dolphin, the Original Hammer Time, the JV Cheerleader, and on an 8" R&R Salmon Assassin pulling a Siggs Rigs Green Hypnotist fly. We didn't have a single spoon fire for us, although we never ventured in to look for browns.

It was a slow pick this weekend, but if you stick to your plan and put in the time, you should be able to put some kings in the boat.

Aug.452007.jpg

Bill,

Why not many are sharing at the moment....I don't know? Seems every board is like that...most just take and never contribute very much. Hopefully, they'll come around, but probably not. There are a lot of people such as yourself who contribute ALL THE TIME....And I personally thank you and the others like you. My learning curve has been a fraction of what it would have been without you guys. I'm trying to give when I can, but only being in my third year on lake O, that's not much.

Keep up the great reports....all the views go to show how many of us look forward to them.

Rod

Keep up with the excellent reports! I speak for myself as I ve been having a hard time catching fish the past week.

You mentioned in other report about down temp/speed probe being a must have on the boat. Need to get busy on this one.

I think it just the fishing has been a little tough the past couple times out. Fished Port Bay Sunday evening and had 1 release. The screen was pretty blank with occasional bait. Should of known with the NE wind.

I wouldn't read too much into the lack of replies or posts. Keep in mind there are a lot of us that either don't get out very often or simply haven't done well enough to share much on any particular day. That doesn't mean we don't enjoy "staying connected" to what is going on. Keep up the good work.

Billy V,

I think i understand your frustration about most people getting info but not sharing it. I'm a newbee to Lake O - i landed one King the first time i went out a month or so ago, and i haven't had a hit the last 3 times out! Believe me, i feel a moral obligation to reciprocate the help i have received from board members such as yourself - unfortunately, i haven't felt that i had anything useful to share the past few weeks.

I'm sure you're right that some peole will never give back, but there are also folks like me who want to be fair and give back but know so little compared to experienced fisherman such as yourself that we don't know how to meaningfully contribute to the board. Do you have any suggestions for how i can contribute to the board given how little experience/success i have out on lake O?

thanks for your input,

dre

You guys can count on me to post a report good or bad. If good you can benifit, if bad well you know where not to go.

I do believe it has stired interest in the henderson area and I am seeing more reports.

You still have the local guys who would not share anything to save thier lives. I share everything, something I learned running charters. They are so bad up here you have to beg for a radio check.

I can tell you where, when, how but every boat is different, billy is killing them on spinners and I cannot buy a bite on them but have been killing the salmon all the same.

BF,

I feel your pain up there, you give a report to a buddy and the charters flock to you, but they will not give details on the radio. Some have even gone to scramblers on the radios. I will see you tomorrow. I might head a little south. Heard a report from yesterday, the finger down to the pond was all good.

Rich