Friend fished 2 days one last weekend and Tuesday. Lots of fish but no takers. Had to give up on the kings on the ledge and troll to olcott for a slow brown bite. Other day had to go offshore for steelies. My last 2 outings out there have been about the same early season was great and come end of August forgot about it. If anyone else has done been I would love to hear about it.

Went out a couple times last week, only picked up 1 brown and 2 small kings. I saw some fish being caught but couldn't seem to consistently evoke hits. I am just a begineer though I am sure the charters could give you a better report. I was trollin with spoons got one on downrigger and two on dipsy. All fish were taken at the drop off.

I got reports from 3 different sources that the Bar came alive this week. I had planned to fish it this weekend. But my wife blew out her knee. She just had an MRI, so I have to stay around home. Thought I would share what I herd to try and help some others.

The best king bite has been early and late. Riggers down 70' to 85' and wire dipsies back 210' to 240' on a 2 setting. All spinnies and flies fished SLOW. Green seems to be the best color. Speed between 1.4 to 1.7 over 90' to 180'. If you fished the Bar before you know that is a narrow band of water. The boat traffic is thick at that depth. Patience and courtesy is the name of the game when battle fishing. If you hook a big fish, slide out to deeper water and fight the fish away from the traffic. It will save a lot of tense moments. Especially if you have a big one run under another boat and through their rigger wires. Good luck and catch a big one for me.

I got reports from 3 different sources that the Bar came alive this week. I had planned to fish it this weekend. But my wife blew out her knee. She just had an MRI, so I have to stay around home. Thought I would share what I herd to try and help some others.

The best king bite has been early and late. Riggers down 70' to 85' and wire dipsies back 210' to 240' on a 2 setting. All spinnies and flies fished SLOW. Green seems to be the best color. Speed between 1.4 to 1.7 over 90' to 180'. If you fished the Bar before you know that is a narrow band of water. The boat traffic is thick at that depth. Patience and courtesy is the name of the game when battle fishing. If you hook a big fish, slide out to deeper water and fight the fish away from the traffic. It will save a lot of tense moments. Especially if you have a big one run under another boat and through their rigger wires. Good luck and catch a big one for me.

:clap:

i wish more people out there could read this and DO THIS!!!!!! but it does keep it exciting being out there a day break in the fog with no wind and hearing people screaming at eachother to get out of the way!!! i love this sport.

thanks for the great updates guys!!!!!!!!! i have a trip saturday morning with a couple guys. ill let you know how we do!