Spring Browns - Daiwa Wilderness Rods

Hey guys, looking to see if anyone has any input. I fish spring browns a few times and was looking to pick up a few inexpensive rods. Most of my trolling rods are geared towards walleye fishing and were a bit on the heavy side for the browns.

Looking at the 8' Med Light rods. Anyone ever use these that can comment on the action.

i just dont understand how walleye rods can be to heavy for browns, you do understand that you can expect to catch browns from 8lb to 14lb on every trip, yes the 4 - 8 lb are more prevelent in the spring, but a 4lb brown puts more strain on your gear than a 8 -10 walleye, and lets not forget you could catch a atlantic and the occasional king, your walleye rods are fine and those 8ft medium action rods will do just fine also, put alot of line on them

I use my med heavy rods for browns. I use the same rods for salmon. I have been looking at buying lighter rods but there isnt a need just a want. The only thing I do different is cut off my heavy 40lb mono leader and tie a 50 foot piece of 10 lb mono on for a leader. I do have the med heavy diawa wilderness rod and reel combos they work. the reel is nice and rod is ok. its good on the planer boards.

We have never fished the Wilderness series from Dawia, so I apologize for not having any reviews about them for you. However, we have used the 7'6" ML Heartlands, and more recently the 8'0" ML Accudepth rods. Both were great rods for BT fishing.