Species Breakdown: Steelhead and kings

Hot Lure: everything took hits

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: Mon 560..Tue 75 to 100

Lure Depth: Mon 40 to 110...Tue 40 to 60

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

Mick and I teamed up on Monday for a little afternoon derby fishing and went on the inside water for a while but were all shakers that wanted out offerings. we ran a combination of spoons and flies off the riggers and dipsy divers and one copper pulling some familiar bite. couldn't get anything but the babies in that skinny water so we ran north to the 32 line. Set up for steelhead and managed some fast action with doubled fish and some real acrobat fish doing a lot of jumping.

Once we found a bait ball there were pods of catchable fish right there. Got some nice 8 to 11 pound fish but not good enough for the board or fish of the day.

IMAG0720.jpg

image uploader

Box of nice steelhead

IMAG0721.jpg

hosting images

Resting at the dock at the end of the day

Tuesday I had friend Ron onboard and fished the inside waters less than 100 feet and had a great day with kings. Before all the rods could get in the water we had a screamer on the first rod pulling a diver on 2.5 setting out 150 nuke green spinny and crinkle mirage fly. Got that one a 25 lber in and figured this to be a message of good things to come but then we dropped 4 fish and then a skippy came in and for the rest of the morning it became slowww. Figured to stay in that 80 to90 foot water and go back east with the waves and try the other side of port. Well that was a slow hour but when we got to around the flats we ran a double screamer circus. First the 200 copper goes absolutley flying of the back of the boat..I mean the drag clicker was zzzzzzinging. Grabbed it and Hung on watching the line fly off the reel and then stop ....slack...I reel as fast as I can and catch up to the fish flying to the boat . I picked up probably 150 feet of line and some of the copper on the reel and then the rod bends over and peeled back more line same thing happened for at least three times before a steady progress to the boat finally came. Thinking this to be a real stout king it finnaly is in the net and only weighed 19 pounds. Very strong fish for its size . It's stil in the net and the diver goes and Ron grabs it and has a screamer on as well and after some tense moments with it going crazy at the back of the boat. It snagged the diver on the two rigger rods on the other side of the boat but we managed to shake off the snagged lures and bring in the fish. We ended the afternoon on that note and boxed 63 lbs in three kings and one eatable 4 lb steely for Ron to have at camp.

IMAG0725.jpg

hosting images

Ron with his 25 lb king

IMAG0726.jpg

png upload

One of the 19 pounder from the afternoon

IMAG0728.jpg

adult image hosting

Catch of the day

====================

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png