Stacking riggers

Any advice on what to stack my down riggers with?

I havnt had much luck at all with stackers? Anyone have any advice on what to use and at what depths to stack? Plus it seems like once I start stacking the bite slows. Dose this affect the speed of lures or something? Any help would be great.

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

If your talking about stacking rods, dont bother... Instead use fixed and free sliders. Take a 6ft piece of line and add a swivel at each end. Set your rigger like normal, then put one of the slider swivels on another spoon and the other around your downrigger rod line and toss the spoon in... Should but it a third of the way down or so. For fixed sliders set your downrigger line down 10ft or so and half hitch a rubber band on your line, connect your slider around the line and rubber band and toss your other lure in, then lower both spoons to the desired depths.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

bobs_boys got it, thats what i do. One rod per rigger is all you really should run.

Slide cheaters also.

I do stack 2 poles but only on the fingerlakes. When i do, i run my first rod off the ball then usually stack my 2nd rod 25 to 30 foot above the first rod. I like to run the 2nd rod leader length about half of the first this usually prevents any tangles if the the first rod fires. ex. 1st rod leader length 50 foot, 2nd rod (stacked rod) 25-30 foot leader.

I'll stack 3 rods per rigger. Usually a flasher/ fly tight to the ball, a spoon 8' above farther back than the f/f, then a rod 25-30 feet above the ball. I get a few hits on the bottom pole, but the 2nd rod takes a lot of fish. The top rod gets some landlocks, and a real nice bow on cayuga today.....

If your talking about stacking rods, dont bother... Instead use fixed and free sliders. Take a 6ft piece of line and add a swivel at each end. Set your rigger like normal, then put one of the slider swivels on another spoon and the other around your downrigger rod line and toss the spoon in... Should but it a third of the way down or so. For fixed sliders set your downrigger line down 10ft or so and half hitch a rubber band on your line, connect your slider around the line and rubber band and toss your other lure in, then lower both spoons to the desired depths.

Agreed,

Stackers never work for me. I use free or fixed sliders instead. Being limited to how many rods we can use I like to use my rods for other purposes like leadcore or planers or dipsy's. Then you can double up on your lures by useing sliders. This can maximize my total presentation.