Need Advice on what Type/Brand of Net

Ryno23

If I could get some advice on a good brand/type of net to use, the one I have is ok for medium size fish but I dont think the opening is wide enough for the bigger fish.

When its just the wife and I, she has a hard time netting the bigger fish and switching rods to her and me netting and stuff like that can become a chinese fire drill, its just a big pain. We have lost some nice fish this year with netting issues and I think one reason is becasue the opening to the net I have is to small for the bigger fish.

So i'm looking for a good net to get if anyone can give me some advice I'd appriecate it.

Thanks.

We just got a Beckman net this spring and we couldn't be more pleased. It's well-built, no tangles...a bit pricey, though. You'll pay somewhere ~$110-150 depending on whether you want the Northern/Coho size or King Salmon size. Be sure to get the extendable handle, too.

Having owned a variety of nets over the years (and even had to use one or two on occasion), I think IMHO that this is easily the best.

• 3 months later...

I settled on a Ranger this fall, just collapsible enough to sling over my back and just big enough to use on the boat too. Check out the deal mostlymuskies is offering members currently for a Beckman net - I'm grabbing one for my buddy's boat since I don't own my own yet.

It is. He had five people interested in the musky net and already placed an order for those. He can't mix and match nets though - he needs five people that want a Beckman salmon net. Right now we're at three and holding for more interest.

I also favor the Beckman King Salmon net. Beside the reasons already posted, I particularly appreciate the strength of the handle (including the extension). I've had some handles kink or break while running at fast speeds and the handles extended. With the Beckman extended, I had the net holder break free once without damaging the handle (I have to remember to lower the extension). And I'm pretty sure they are made in America.