Gaff's

makoshrk2

To protect the fish:

1. Fish won't survive.

2. It's hard to tell if a fish is 1" under legal size while it's still in the water.

3. It's not really needed - Fish aren't that big

4. Many fish are visible in the streams & get lifted. What damage would A$$ho[es do with gaffs?

Tom B.

(LongLine)

It should be legal for fish that are of legal size. If the fish is that small you wouldn't need a gaff. I only ask because I fish Lake O mostly by myself. It would make things alot easier for me. I sure have learned alot running 3 rods and landing fish without getting tangles. Doubles will even make it more interesting. And try and steer the boat at the same time. I have had a few lost at the boat, mostly my fault. Trying to bring them in when they aren't ready. But it sure is a rush

No question, landing a fish solo is a rush. Flying solo, I advise against trying to net fish at back of boat. Do it on the side, traveling downwind with an autopilot or tied off wheel.

Not arguing, but what if you catch a 15 Lb Stlhd & as soon as you gaff him, your 2nd rod gets hit by a 20 Lb Stlhd?

Tom B.

(LongLine)

the best part of fishing solo is trying to land a fish with two other lines in especially in a small boat. throw in some boat traffic and you got yourself a full day. now that I can run three rods and find a pattern that works quicker I like fishing alone a lot more

What I have been doing is playing the fish out till it has no fight left, put the rod in a rod holder and the using my boga grip to pull them up over the side of the boat. I never net fish in the back of my boat, only because of the way it is set up. Easier to do it from the side