Theives in Olcott

If you are staying at Town of Newfane marina or docking your boat there. Take extra care with securing your gear.Theives stole tackle,cooler,portable gas tank ect at the marina this week. I really hope they catch the low lifes,nothing I hate worse than a theif!!!

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

nothing is safe anymore i to had my boat stripped clean of all gear this summer on the small lake i live on in upstate ny in MY OWN FRONT YARD !! came in at night via row boat grabbed everything including my 5 yr old son pole and box i can not stand thief's low life scum i personally will be anal about all my gear and keeping it locked up where ever i might be fishing so if any of you see a guy in McD's or BK this fall ordering a bigmack while holding all his gear you will know why

Heard from another boat owner who happens to stay on his boat in olcott right below Mcdonoughs that he had a guy with a flashlight get on his boat and start looking around. Owner woke up and yelled and the guy bolted. He is 3 boats down from me. I never leave a thing out. Pain in the ass putting everything away but not as much as dealing with a insurance company

Had that happen twice at the town marina,and once while the boat was in storage just outside of Olcott.No offense to anyone living in Olcott/Newfane,but have you seen some of the clowns that hang at the town marina?.They make the banjo guy from deliverance look normal.

Have you ever seen a cop at the marina?only when they are harassing a boater/fisherman.Best is to remove all valuable tackle from the boat,even though it's a pia.

I'm just hoping I get lucky so I can finally get to put that aluminum Louisville slugger to some good use.

If you are staying at Town of Newfane marina or docking your boat there. Take extra care with securing your gear.Theives stole tackle,cooler,portable gas tank ect at the marina this week. I really hope they catch the low lifes,nothing I hate worse than a theif!!!

It can happen just about anywhere, at any marina, but it's no shocker that it happened in Olcott. That port has been known for that type of stuff for many years! It sucks. Trust me I know all too well as we were ripped off in the Genny years ago.

It can happen just about anywhere, at any marina, but it's no shocker that it happened in Olcott. That port has been known for that type of stuff for many years! It sucks. Trust me I know all too well as we were ripped off in the Genny years ago.

Rick is right on, had a graph stolen in the oak last year, had stuff taken and broken on my boat in olcott, had a tackle box stolen in chautaqua. This is the time of year to really be careful. People up and down the creeks all night salmon fishing. Only takes one crook fishing at night with a 12 pack in him to see some rods left on a boat unattended and your out a grand or 2 in gear. If your gonna lock anything up this is the time of year to do it

Crackhead Tackle Shop has good deals.

Actually it is our tolerance of the drug trade and the crimes it causes is the problem. Not enough arrests are made soon enough so we suffer with the security of our property. It seems the police know who the druggies are, they just wait for all their connections are identified. Meanwhile we suffer the thievery.

Then their is our unemployed youth who see opportunity with all our Asian made goods and they can not make a living with a decent wage here.

End "Free Trade" now.

Been following this post and it got me thinking, I called "jesse James" with a badge or aka my insurance agent. I was pleasantly surprised to find out I could get 10k worth of contents coverage for $108.00 a year. Loss due to theft is included. For me that will put a good dent in replacing all the gear including electronics . Granted I would still take a loss but it help dramatically. Most boat policies carry only 1k in contents coverage. Just an FYI