Hot Lure: NBK SD, lemon ice SD, nbk stingray,Lemon ice SS

Trolling Speed: 2.6-3.2 SOG

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 85-110

Lure Depth: 55-75

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

This week wasn't as good as last week. sorry too busy to post last week. Good quality fish but not the quanity. Ran riggers 55-75 mostly spoons with free sliders. Colors were 42 second, lemon ice, Nbk, glow frog, and mixed veggies. Wire out 180-220, then 140 -180 on 9/1. hot Spinny were the NBK,Lemon ice, Seneca Special, all folowed by Big weenie flies, lake o glow, yellow snow, pole dancer. The wind and rain brought the fish in shallow the last day. 300 copper was great every day.

I learned alot this trip. like always carry a spare for the trailer ( blew the tire out 1 mile from the launch and dragged it up anyway) :$ , always replace a nicked leader when you see it(Lost my lemon ice spinny) :( Don't let the driver stay up too late(they sleep at the wheel instead) :o , carry an extra fillet knife on the boat(the wife caught mine with the net and tossed it in the lake) ;( . even had a king teach me how to dance at the back of the boat. I brought a king in on the 300 he came up the port side and went deep and completely under the boat. I ducked the rod under every rig out including both downrigger cables. He surfaced on the starboard side a few minutes later. Then ran back under the starboard dipsy and rigger where he met the net at the back of the boat. Thought I was gonna loose that one:clap:

we did 10 kings over 18 lbs the biggest was 27.06 lbs; 2 browns 5-6 lbs; 1 atlantic 4 lbs; 2 steelies 3-7 lbs.; 1 COHO 15 .04 lbs!!

Here's where I need your help. We put a 15.04lb COHO in the boat. This is the biggest COHO I've seen. (Only fished ontario for 2 years now) Done alot around 8-9 lbs. Would you consider this a trophy worth mounting. State record is 33 but that was a hybrid. I believe this is pure coho. If its a hybrid I wont mount it. After talking to a few guys I have a better idea what to do.

Please post your thoughts!!

IMG_2681_1.jpg

IMG_2677_1.jpg

some kings

IMG_2655_1.jpg

IMG_2661_1.jpg

very nice coho and i think it would be a great mount and for the state record coho being a high bird i don't think thats correct they test them to make sure! i see at least 2 or 3 every year and after testing they end up being cross breeds and not new records !

very nice coho and i think it would be a great mount and for the state record coho being a high bird i don't think thats correct they test them to make sure! i see at least 2 or 3 every year and after testing they end up being cross breeds and not new records !
Did they test them in 1998? :talk:

15 lbs. is a very nice coho! I had clients send a couple around that size, and up to 18 lbs. to taxidermists in the last week. 8)