conesus 9/4

Had a great time fishing with Mike again on Conesus. Bite was a little tougher this trip as the front moved through and put the fish a bit deeper in the water column but we still managed to put some good fish in the boat. I lost a couple more that I would have loved to have seen. Fish came on mixed bag of lures - jerkbaits, crankbaits and gliders. Nothing on bucktails.

Below is a pic of my favorite lure that that at one point was all black....... I've lost count as to how many musky & pike have come off this lure. It use to even float at one point in time :lol: I guess I'll stop using it when it stops working....

jerkbait_crushed.jpg

Brad - are you fishing Larry Jones tournament next weekend or going to Conesus? I'm heading down to Chautauqua early on Thursday morning.

Chad, mike asked me the same thing this AM... all I know right now is that I'm fishing somewhere at some point :) Originally I thought it would be conesus, but there's an increasing chance I will make it down for the tourney. If I do though, it will be Friday night before I get down there.