Staging Kings, Port Ontario 8/21-9/4

Fishing Report

Your Name / Boat Name: The Bartlett clan/ "Emily"

==============

TRIP OVERVIEW

Had our camper at Selkirk and fished from 8/21 thru 9/4 on and off out of Pine Grove. Went out mornings from 5:30-9:00 and then some afternoons from 3:30 to 6 or so. We headed out on a 330 heading most days to 120 FOW b4 Irene and then to 60-110 after things settled down again. Our most consistent producers were various large and med paddles & spinnys in white/white teamed w/ white & yellow flies. Running these ff combos about 0 to 20' off the bottom @ 1.7-2.1 down was best for us. Same FF combos on the wires w/ reg size divers out 250-330' on 2 worked well, especially after Irene.The weekend b4 Irene we had one afternoon where our 500' copper w/ a big Dew/Dew spinny + Siggs Dew pulse fly took all the fish as fast as we could get it deployed. Our best King came on Fri am on a wire setup pulling a big Yellow BW paddle w/ a yellow/white BW fly. This fish ripped out almost 400' of wire on the first run and wore us down w/ 2 more long savage sprints before hitting the deck at somewhere between 34 and 35lbs. Wound up w/ some really nice Cohos and a couple good steelies on top of way too many Kings to count. Big thanks go to Jason (who seems to have taken up residency up there) for keeping us on the fish when we had to go home for a couple days to work or get kids to preseason practices,etc. I'll try & get some pics up here a lil later. -Andy

image.jpg

We were in site 104 where were you?

Big Dave, our pop up was in Site 23, the last site on the dead end driveway(good thing I used to drive tractor trailer cuz it was really pretty tough backing up in there) . Next year all the LOU folks should tie a piece of lime green surveyors tape to their boat & trailer - I kept thinking to myself that I was probably walking by fellow LOU members day after day!

Chris- Boys have first track meet next weekend + they are all about hammering on

the geese now! I'll call you about getting on the bows in couple weeks.

Thats a good idea. I have been in that same spot other years, Its ok once you get in there. We were over in the store loop , you can see and hear the waves there before you get out of bed. :lol:

We were in site 40 from 9/1 to 9/4. We hit them pretty good. Total was 30 fish for 3.5 days (25 kings, 3 cohos, 1 atlantic, and 1 brown. We helped two neighors with what worked in front of the river..... It would be

great to know other LOU members at the Selkirk. Best lures were FF combo (white on white) and Jplugs worked

pretty good (glow in dark). Thanks for the report.

Captain Bob