Henderson Harbor Anyone?

there staging for sure. we did 20 kings and 10 lake trout from the 7th thru 11th. mornings they liked white spin dr. with green fly. afternoons were chrome with green spin dr. with green fly and also meat rigs on wire set 200-240 on #2. we did well from association island to lighthouse on 120' contour line 1.8 to 2.0 down speed. good luck

chris

they are in there trust us. fish right on the bottom in 103 fow to 123 fow with white on white.(white e-chip white fly.)15-20ft back from the ball on the e -chips.

pulled alot of pink bellies from the depths.pinkies hug the bottom!

green flashers in mt.dew patterns were also hot.2.4 going with the waves and 2.7-2.9 going into the waves.

keep trying,they will be thinning out in the next week to week and a half.heading for the River!

mike m

pink bellies are the salmon that have been hugging the bottom for awhile causing their

bellies to turn pinkish in color,some of it is just from hitting bottom and some of it is from temp change.

usually suspended kings bellies are more normal looking no pinkish tint to them.

l usually get a buch of pink bellies every salmon season.i always have at least one or two rigs just off the bottom when i fish the trench.(structure and cool water down there in some areas)

hope this helps..

sorry to hear about you losing some tackle.it happens unfortunatly.lost alot of wire,a dipsey, terminal tackle and a flasher and fly during Labor day weekend when a rude person trolling decided to come up along my boat.then they just laughed at me as i was trying to wave them off.they were less than 25 ft away from me.no other boat was within a half mile of me.

watch your cables,keep them at a 45 degree angle.rods bent and lines tight without popping the release.if your cables are not right your lures are not giving a good presentation.

keep on trying!

good luck,

mike m :yes:

The lake flipped. cold water way up near surface. they have scattered as a result. I fished this past weekend and it was tough for us? There were verry few marks on sonar and i really diont think everyone else had any luck either. im going to give it one last weekend on the lake and focus on river fishing. good luck

chris

chris,you said you do river fishing,i do also,but not unyil yhe "run" is over.i dont do the crowd thing.its not for me.

during october i do my walleye fishing at night on Oneida Lake.its a riot ,i wader fish at wms. beach for them.

i use a centerpin for steel fishing and i like doing that,

i also bring a noodle rod/spinning outfit with me.often fish behind the Schoolhouse in Altmar.

good luck this year,its been nice talking to ya!

mike m

ps....save me some steel!..lol!