Spin Doctors Twisting

I have been running SD fly combos from 6 to 20' rubber banded behind the ball and often get the fly twisted around my line. Im wondering if my mag10A is lowering them too fast and the fly hits my bowed line from my rod? Is there a trick to eliminating the tangles? Im running double sampos. Thanks

A Charter captn at the dock said that 20' back from the ball was too far for SD's. Im twisting my line before putting on a double-looped rubber band and attaching to my ball. I think that the problem is rapidly lowering them and they chase the ball vertical, catching my bowing rod to the reel. makes sense? We didnt catch that many fish this weekend and I think my fault was not hugging the bottom with the cannonballs and angering the kings. I was 40 and 50 down in 100' of water for example with the riggers but we marked fish on the bottom. I used greens and Mountain Dew combos only landing 2 for 2.

I use 40 Ft behind the ball for spin Dr's and have not had any problem sending them down as fast as the rigger will go. Still getting Kings hitting, so it works for me. I would think that a short 6 Ft distance would have the Spin Dr catching the Rigger cable when you were going down unless you stop and start? Have not tried running flasher and fly that close to the ball.

Last lucky day was 120 Down over 130 Ft of water, White Spin Dr with white A-Tom-Mik fly, 40 Ft behind a 12 LB ball at speed of 2.5

I'm with Paul. 8-12 feet is typical for me for leads with flashers/flies, I can't remember the last time I ran longer than a 15' lead. My Scotty Riggers deploy faster than you can imagine and I never get tangled. Hold the rod in your hand with thumb pressure on the spool as you lower the ball, hold the rod tip low to the water and off to the side so it's not directly in line with the flasher. This both minimizes slack line/belly and keeps the line out of the path of the descending flasher.

Are you powering the riggers down or backing off the clutch and letting them free fall. If you are powering them down there's no way speed is a factor, I had Mag10A's and they are good dependable riggers, but they are slower than whale er.. um.. stuff :)

Tim