Pine Grove Boat Launch

bout time

I was wondering how is the Pine Grove boat launch. I have a 25' Trophy and was thinking about heading up that way during the week. Is the launch deep enough? Is there anything i need to know about it or is it pretty self explanitory?

I would say the launch is too small for your boat. The launch is not paved and the depth is about two feet. Maybe someone with a boat your size has had experience launching there. I launched my 17' Lund deep V without any problem.

Jim

It's not a concrete ramp....just gravel and dirt, but it is very deep, so you should be fine. I've seen boats of your size launched out of there. Mexico is a better launch hands down though.

Only thing I would add is I'm not sure what the water levels are like right now...so, it might be borderline. I noticed this past week the levels in the lake seemed lower than in the previous few weeks...that's the only thing.

Not sure about a boat that big - how much does she draft?

I know it's the only gravel ramp I've launched my 19' Carolina Skiff at, and had no problems, but with my outboard trimmed up to just keep the water intake in the water, I only draft about a foot at the bottom of the skeg.

I haven't been there this year, but like described above, last time there it was only 2-3 ft deep for a ways out into the main river.