what fishfinder?

fishless

Couldn't be more happy with our Humminbird 1157 (now the 1158). We purchased this through Krenzer Marine in the Spring of 2010. We are on our second season with it, and no issues. A few minor bugs have been addressed with software updates which is super simple to do.

Split screen FF/GPS (with no chip in this screen shot)

SU1HMDAwMDctMjAxMDA3MTYtMDkxOC5qcGc.jpg

Just the FF

2011_09_02_19_18_06_56.jpg

If you look at the second screen shot (the one with the Fishawk in it) I am in almost 600' of water & am using the zoom feature on the left half of the screen 55' to 255', & the right side shows the full 600'. & the Lowrance is rated to at least 1,500 feet of depth & is NEMA 2000 linkable. The Furuno only has the common frequencies 50 &200KHZ, so you can't avoid interference from nearby boats by switching to other frequencies. The Lowrance HDS 8 has 50, 83, 200, & 433KHZ frequencies available.

• 1 month later...

The HDS line is very good and can be expanded on in a 'Plug-N-Play' fashion. The 6 soft keys (I like to call 'em HOT keys) and the ability to preselect 6 different screen viewing choices that are available at the push of 2 buttons, make the HDS-8 and 10 the more exciting choices of the entire HDS line.

Here is another Screen Capture from my HDS-10

shot9.png

Edd

I bought the previous model Furuno.

The 582 which is now the 585.

Started with a transome mount transducer and upgraded to the through hull.

That made a big difference in the performance of the unit

10 years of completely trouble free use and if theres fish down there I mark them period.

Never read or heard anything negative about Furuno and if and when I have to replace it, I will go with the 585.

Good luck in your search.

A good FF is worth it's weight in gold.

Glen

I bought the previous model Furuno.

The 582 which is now the 585.

Started with a transome mount transducer and upgraded to the through hull.

That made a big difference in the performance of the unit

10 years of completely trouble free use and if theres fish down there I mark them period.

Never read or heard anything negative about Furuno and if and when I have to replace it, I will go with the 585.

Good luck in your search.

A good FF is worth it's weight in gold.

Glen

+1 :yes: Best unit I ever had and I had a few good ones. I wouldn't hesitate getting another one. I have the transom mount transducer and it's fine, but I'm considering a thru hull in the future. I've never had a problem with frequency interference from other boats with the 50 and 200 of the Furuno. I also have never heard anything negative about a Furuno which is why I chose it. I can't say that about other FF's. Not saying others are not good or anything so I hope no one takes that the wrong way.