Mounting riggers ,so things work

Fishstix

trackrod.jpg

riggerex.jpg

My 3rd try setting up a boat. Dont be afraid to drill holes your going to get a beating when you try and sell it anyway.Actually there is nothing I would change and Ive been running it 2yrs. I could use a couple new motors for my old big jons if anyone has some.Feel free to critisise or ask questions.Lots of little tidbits here even the battery switch can be turned standing on the ground when the boat is on the trailer.

Stix, you may have seen this before but thought I'd throw it back up for you. As you can see I placed my downriggers as far aft as posible. Doing this I was able to gain a little extra room along the side. My outboard riggers are just aft of the rear cleat and the inboard riggers next to the motor well accomplishes a couple things. Most importantly is it clears the sides for rodholders and/or people to work rods or fish. It also keeps the rigger cables closer to the rear of the boat so when turning, the outboard cables won't swing as quickly to the inboard cables. May let you turn a little sharper than riggers set farther up the gunnels.

Another nice advantage is being able to use short arms on the inboard riggers. Arms are still long enough to swing into the prop wash if desired and short enough to rig the balls with out cable pulleys. There is about 5'6" from pulley to pulley between the inboard riggers as positioned in the picture. I also added another notch to the inboard swivel bases so they will set straight back if desired. I have four positions on each inboard rigger to cover any area behind the boat. Positions are: straight back, behind engine, corner of transom and position in picture. Works great when landing fish from the back. Opens a nice size hole to bring fish in without pulling rods.

2yyny92.jpg