Dipsy only off of Rochester / I-bay

What is the chance that I can go dipsy only off of Rochester. I will most likely launch at I-bay. My riggers are so far packed away in my attic I don't want to go and dig them out. I am thinking 2 guys 4 rods with dipsy's. Good or bad idea? I am too lazy to pull all the stuff out of the way to get my riggers.

Your odds are great. Get an early start 530 am for the in tight early bite. Try the 50 to 90 FOW. Fish should be there. I recommend picking up some meat it's been producing some big fish. Also the A-Tom-Mic white with green dots has been going all day. Send me a email Saturday and I should gave a better handle on depth of water and how deep

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

Can I buy all this stuff at B&E. I have meat rigs but they are on my dad's boat. He is in Paris right now. I am bringing out people that have never seen these fish. I am not a big fan of meat or flys. I have always done my best on NK mags or J-plugs this time of year. I have 3 boxes (500+ spoons) and several J-plugs. If the flys, meat is a real winner I will go to B&E tomorrow and get what is working. I want my friends to catch fish. There is nothing like the thrill of these big boys. Thanks for the good info.

We ran dipsys and copper only all last week ad did very well. The four riggers on the boat sat idle after the first two days when we didnt have a release on them but the dipsys and copper fired like clockwork. Targeting the 80 to 100 foot depths we ran 350 to 380 back on a 3.5 with 50# power pro for the outsides and 250 to 300 back on a 2 setting with wire on the insides; pulling plugs, spoons and meat, only had a couple hits on flies.

You might want to call B&E before going there. He has cut back his budget on Lake O Salmon and Trout gear.

B&E

585-265-0416

I think these two Rochester shops will have it.

Mitchell's Bait Shop 585-663-4564

S & R Bait & Tackle 323-1182

If you can't find any Familiar Bite give me a call 585*506*6666 :phone: I have a few packs of the new and improved I can give you. I live about 3 miles from Irondequoit Bay on the East side.

I love the look on a persons face who has never hooked into a big Lake O Salmon!!! Priceless

Mark

Thanks for the info Mark. I think you and I must be neighbors. I am just north of Klem between Holt and 250. I am going to look at all my stuff. I don't think I should be buying more stuff. I have 1000's of dollars in tackle and over 30 rods. I have been fishing for these fish since the 70's we did real well when my dad lived in Stony Point and we went out 3 times a week. I even won a boat/motor/trailer in one derby. I just have not fished for them in 5 years. I want to get out and fish tomorrow not screw around with another person on my boat. That is what makes this board so good. I can get the local info that can put me right where I need to be. Then.... it's all up to me and my skills.

As for the 3 rods per person.. when did that change? Is there still a max hook point limit? I think it was something like 12 hook points.

Thanks again for everyone's help. Now it's up to me.

3 rods got signed a week or two ago. The point restriction was per pole and stayed the same. Webster guys got to stick together - I grew up north of Klem, near Bay. Spent my spare time fishing any creek within hiking distance.