Question about oneida walleye...

rdebadts

Guys- any tips about oneida eyes this time of year? I assume thy are still relatively deep. Is it more of a stickbait bite or harness bite? Do you work the edges of shoals or just the deep water holes? I have had decent success early in the season on ledges with worms, but struck out a few weeks ago in the deep water... When do these fish start moving shallow again? I might go out in about a week and wanted to do some research. I am thinking that if I cant get the eyes, then I can certainly harrass some perch in the mid depths with worms and fatheads, so all shouldnt be totally lost.

Any tips are appreciated, as I have only fished oneida about 6 times.

well , the bite has definatly slowed down . however I'm still trolling the deep water basin on the east end of the lake and doing OK , im not getting my limit in two hours like. i did in jun , july , aug but there still there it seems. it seems like there not slamming the worm harness like they were earler in the season , there just nibbling at it and letting it go . im using 5 color lead core with home made harness. 1.5 to 1.8 mph 40 fow, haven't had much luck with sticks , i hear other guys on the radio using them out there and doing good. maybe someone else can chime in and give some more tips and info . good luck......

• 2 weeks later...