Russell...Nah, Genny 9-11-11

Fishing Report

LongLine

Launched @ 5:45 & was surprised to see 3 others had already launched & two were getting ready to go in. Full moon night. Calm, some wind out of the east. Couple small swells out of the NE. Just cool enough to fog the windows & put some dew on the seats. 17 guys on Summerville pier & maybe 6 on Charlotte.

9-11-11GennyD.jpg

Headed straight out & set up in 35 FOW after weaving through about 8 boats. Worked the 40-60 ft range out front. Anyways, 2 Browns right on the surface NK Wonderbread, 1 ft down, 3 times past the propwash, 2 ¾ mph. Not big but nice healthy fish.

9-11-11GennyA.jpg

Cloud cover approaching from the South around 7:00. Lot of screen activity in 42 FOW. Saw some schools of bait right on surface but no predators swirling after them. Looked around & counted 48 boats at the mouth. 9-11-11GennyB.jpg

Funny how the big boats hung around the mouth and most of the little guys went outside. Some went deep. Nice to see that many boats fishing the area again.

Guess about 8:00 some of the bigger boats headed offshore. Don’t know who you are but nice rig – Here’s one for your screen saver:

9-11-11GennyC.jpg

Off at 10:00; quite a few trailers in the lot. Probably the most I’ve seen all year. (BTW board with cleat on Soth dock has gone missing so watch your step on the dock)

Luck to all,

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Great report Tom, looks a lot nicer out there today than yesterday, had six to seven plus waves out off the Oak on saturday. went to the 28 line and experienced 48 degrees all the way out from 250 fow. 58 on the inside. Screen was the dead sea.

Mark

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

180 - Nope not me. Solo yes, but I have an 18 ft BlueFin (Full deck). I saw maybe 5 others out there doing the solo thing. Was a nice day for it.

Skipper - I had a feeling sleeping in on Saturday would be a good choice. Dead Sea = clean screen = fish on the surface. Next weekend might be better.

Tom B.

(LongLine)