Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed: 2.5

Down Speed: 2.5

Boat Depth: 130/250

Lure Depth: variable

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

After leaving I-Bay towards the Genny mouth I realized that it would be combat fishing over there so I went to Longline's stomping grounds in front of Russel power station a few miles out.

It took a while to get away from the cold water that started at 12 feet but I found some nice breaks where 50 degrees was anywhere between 45 and 80 feet so that is where I set up. A few boats that had been fishing farther inside and one that was quite close to me in the 50 to 70 foot range went way out to what I think must have been 500 feet ,but I just did 8 knots on the way out there when I found lots of fish and bait. I set up there with spin doctors and spoons.The spoons were useless,but the spin doctors and flies were busy all the time specially on the dipsy divers which gave me a lot of big hits , a few seconds of fighting but they mostly popped loose. ( one of these days I will stop using snubbers) On a 10 color leadcore with a coho setup I caught the only king of the day, it was about 8 inches long, but very feisty. I was thinking that I probably fed that one a lot of pellets when it was in the cage.All 7 cohos all came on spin doctors and flies and so did the the laker.

At the end of the day the DEC people were at the the I-Bay entrance and they weighed the 2 Cohos that I brought back ) One was 15 and the other 14 pounds.

A very nice day out indeed.

The DEC guys told me that they are hiring people again, mostly to work in the hatcheries

Cornelis.