Hot Lure: Spin Doctor/Fly

Trolling Speed: 2.2-2.6

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 30-35

Lure Depth: 20-25

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Headed out at 6:30. first fish at 6:40 while setting up in front of Durand in about 32 feet. Fish came off a white spin doctor/ white NK fly down about 23 feet. Setting back up when another rod fires with a nice female king around 30# off the downrigger 25 feet down on a spin doctor/glow green Atomic fly. Looks like its going to be a good day!! Stayed in that area and away from the pack for a while and had 4 more hits and 2 more nice kings in the boat by 9:30. The sun came out of the clouds and things shut right down for us. Fished about another 1 1/2 hours without a hit. While trolling towards port in about 45' of water in front of Durand with the deepest rigger at 35' we went over something that snagged the 35' rigger, a 25' rigger and a dipsey out 60'. Ended up losing the dipsey, my temp probe, a 12lb ball and some terminal tackle. No idea what it was but it now has alot of our stuff on it!!! A hell of a way to end the day but I guess thats fishing!!!!

I probably did catch the cribs. Been fishing the area for years and never caught it before. I actually have my own scuba gear but never marked the spot. We were to busy trying to get everything back to the boat after I tried to turn the boat, in full panic mode, before all the cable ran out with six rods in the water (150 feet of cable goes fast!) NOT PRETTY!! Oh well at least we caught a few nice fish.

Rick