Trolling the mouth of the Genny River 9/11/2011

Fished with the pack in front of the river for a couple hours before going off shore and playing with the steelhead.

Boated 3 fish at the mouth. Brown, 2 Kings. The brown hit a NK Mag glow green 20 down over 23’ of water. Both Kings came from the same depth. One on a Carbon 14 and the other ?

While trolling in there Mark say look there a lure on the surface dragging behind the boat in from of use. This boat had boards out and riggers down. So it had to be off his boards. This lure was 15’ off the side of our boat. Someone should tell him he needs to use weights on mono :lol:

IMG_1220.jpg

Then we went off shore to 550 FOW, much to our surprise there were a few other boats out there. Had a ball playing with some good size steelhead. 450 copper was hot with the captain valium spin doc. Also a all chrome spin doc with blue spots? and a hammer shredded fly. We were taking turns catching the steel, When Willy caught the $50,000 fish. :lol:

CLICK On Pics to read tag.

IMG_1224.jpg

IMG_1226.jpg

IMG_1225.jpg

WE called the number to collect our cash but they were closed, call back M-F 9 to 5

Mark

Nice steel.

That's a Credit River Anglers Association tag. I got one earlier this year on a similar nice steelie. You can report your catch on their website, too. Was there a tag number or just the phone number?

JAM

Rolmops; Did the boat have a blue canvas?

Yes.

Actually a few boats broke away from the pack around that time and they all hauled @$$ to make it to the 500 FOW area.

Last week I caught a steelhead with the CRAA tag in 300 feet of water in that area. I hope that they can figure out some of the migration patterns.

It is good to hear that you did well there

I sent in by their web site the tag info and here is the reply I received.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the note. Orange tags were only used the last 3 days of our list in April (April 7-9, 2011). The fish was wild so after tagging we transported it past the second dam by truck to spawn in the prime nursery waters.

Thanks for letting her swim to come do it again!

John

CRAA