Hot Lure: Nat. Born Killer

Trolling Speed: 2.9 - 3.2

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 30'-45'

Lure Depth: 25'-35'

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Late start. Trolling at 7. Majority of marks at 30'. Had a fair number of lookers streaking balls early. Tried shortening lead on one and took a shot on NK Mag Frog set at 28' around 0800. Dropped fist one of the day not a good sign :o No action off right rigger or 90' wire at all. Wire was running chrome frog SD w/ greencheese g-fly and right rigger running a variety of NK Mags and Pirate 44's. Changed out f.f. combo with green mongoose j-plug and set a meat rig off right rigger. Still slow going although after dying down in the mid morning the screen started lighting up more again at late morning and fish were seen surfacing more as surface temp rose. Finally pulled meat rig and set up nat. born killer stinger at 30' over 35'. 10 mins after setting took a 18.7 king. Trolled waypts. following various hooks for another 1 1/2 hrs taking one more shot on the same stinger at 30' but dropped again....having a hard time with that. All in all it was a beautiful day on the water though and while quieter than I was hoping for this time of year I was still grateful for the chance to get out. Tight lines to everyone. Hoping for at least one more good trip before they all head upriver.

Yup! The Rrred Michigan stinger echip is called the Hot Tamale (they have them at Screwy Louie's in Fair Haven - I think I left one or two in there ;) ) and Luhr Jensen also makes a metal dodger in the Rrred color - they have them at Bass Pro. For coho's we use a white fly behind the Rrred board - deadly!! 8)