Dive Bomb

Jack

Jack,not sure how far a 1oz Dive Bomb would get u down but I would say add it on about half your stretch of line. I have been playing with Torpedo Divers a little this year and love em! Caught fish on them everytime I put one out. In some situations they are just awsome(like high fish)! They come 2,4,8,and 12oz and come with a depth chart.Check out the website,good luck.

Had success with 1oz and 2 oz dive bombs with short cores pulling small spoons or harness's on Erie this year. Never tried them on mono- if I did I'd start 20' or so from the lure. 1 oz would probably get you down 10'. I haven't used them on Lake O - could get interesting getting them off the line with a good steelie or king going.

I use heavy bass weights all the time - have at least one line with one on throughout the year.

I normally put mine where I attach my lead to my main backing line. Essentially I have the backing line a quick connect swivel, a 1/4" stainless ring with the weight connected to this, another swivel attached to my lead, all the way to my lure.

My leads are 10 feet long.

I get hits a lot on this set up, all kinds of species (steelhead, coho and chinook) - but mostly shakers as it is higher up in the water column.

Mark

I started using them this season on copper and cores. I run about 100 feet of copper or lead out and add the bomb. I haven't seen really good depth references or charts but the consensus seems to run from 5-8 feet down per ounce. Guys on Michigan seem to abhore long coppers and cores and opt instead for shorter lenghts with bombs or torpedoes. I will be experimenting much more next year with a 300 and 400 coppers and dive bombs versus 500 and 600 coppers. I did well last month with a 2 oz bomb on 400 copper and a 4 oz bomb on 300 copper when targeting fish in the 90 to 125 foot zone.

Thanks for all the good info !!!

I may pick up some 4 ozer's for my 300 copper . I fell like I'm a year older by the time I get the 300 back on the reel so adding a 4 oz weight instead of using a 600 copper sounds Great .