====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

Just wondering if anyone is catching any fish between Mexico and the trench in Henderson? I got hooked this year on catching the kings and just as I was getting it all figured out the fish vanished. Labor Day weekend caught 5 kings, two at 18lbs, one at 21lbs, one at 24lbs and my biggest so far was 27lbs 8 oz. The weight was confirmed right inside the cut when the DEC boat was weighing, measuring, and taking scale samples.

Any info would be great as I was hoping to keep catching kings though the end of the month.

Tight lines and good luck!

====================

Don't get discouraged about your skills. This is the last run of reduced stocking numbers due to weak egg collection four years ago. If I were a betting man, your greatest chance at matures will be in front of the Salmon and Oswego rivers......and to a lesser extent Olcott. Remember, due to low egg counts the DEC came to Burt and fertilized eggs in Eighteen mile creek water......maybe more imprinting????? Matures can be very finicky. Fish the prime times of morning and evening even when it is still dark. To fill in the gaps, the offshore steelhead bite is good all September into October.