Barcelona eyes - worth the trip this saturday?

Shorthanded

I can't speak to Barcelona, but I can tell you Dunkirk was awful Saturday and Sunday.

I did hear a report that 1 guy had 5 on Monday, west of Van Buren in 70 fow....but

that's all I've got.

We had fish on the screen, sunday better than saturday, and the down temp came

back too....but no biters.....

I talked to waleye651 and he said it has been extremely slow

I just got off the phone with the Harbor Master at Barcelona and he said there are 6 footers right now aned some guys did ok 3 days ago but then the big wind and waves came in.

The launch office will be closed after this weekend, but you can still launch til the end of the month.

Well, on the water at 7am headed straight out of harbor found some fish starting in 70 fow - setup trolled out to 120 fow. water temp top to bottom only 2deg diffrence. Worked the area out front all day, decent amount of fish but slow. Picked one on a rainbow Renosky flatlined off an inline board, nice fish just under 10lbs. small perch and a big sheepshead later, that was it... off water at 2pm. tough day. most fish marked were in 70-80 and 90-100 fow slightly west of port.

fish are still around.

100_0028.jpg

i think the cooler temps should help the resident bite around the typical east end structure. schooling fish are/will be moving but we saw and heard of a large number of fish in front and west of barcelona harbor. there is still a lot of bait in that area, but is it was widely scattered due to temp, most was in the top 25 fow.

Nice Eye Jack! Are you up for another goose hunt next saturday? I have spent four days alone with my four kids and will really need to get out and do some hunting this weekend! Give me a buzz if you want to come down and put the dekes in the trailer before we go!

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] BlackBerry.png

Friend of mine had 4 on saturday, but worked hard for them.

I did hear today a report from a guy that said he did good last week

flatlining deepdivers. Fish we've seen have been deep, though.

Capt. John, the vast majority of fish we marked were in the bottom 10ft of water. relatively few higher under bait. It has been a plug bite for us the last two outings, all with a full crawler off the middle treble off modified Renoskys and stock size 11 deep tail dancers and stock deep thundersticks. speeds on the fast end for these plugs.

When I was up just prior to Labor Day-although I caught the majority of my fish deep-I was surprised at the number I caught in the top 20' of the water column. I didn't think it would be eyes and expected steelie-but it was all eyes. The larger fish I caught were all deep-but 3-5# eyes make some good table fare-but since they were up high-they were in better shape to release than the ones with their eyes popping out of their heads.

Walteye