Cayuga 9/17... salmon bonanza

Bobber

To steal some of Sean's famous words...it was a great day to be on Cayuga. Kade and I launched at T-falls @ 2:30 and headed north. Set up just below scout camp and dipped in on the bench. Doubled up on dipsey rods out 160 and 180, both small lakers. Couldn't get much going after that, so we moved out to @ 200 fow. Started a slow pick of just legal salmon on riggers @ 60' and 70', as well as both dipseys out 220 and 240. Got halfway to Sheldrake and found a pod of hungry big guys. Landed a triple, followed immediately by a double, all salmon 4-7lbs. Turned around just south of Sheldrake and headed south. Steady pick of 4-5 lb salmon and a couple more lakers until we picked up @ 6:30. Ended the day 15/15. Kade was one tired boy when we got done. They were hitting anything we put down 70-100' as long as it was blue.

Kyle

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Can you tell me your speed?My son and I trolled from t-falls north to scout camp 30-80ft down in 120-280 FOW.Trolled across to power plant then went south to Myers.Marked tons of bait fish tried every color under the sun,had only 3 releases for over 8 hrs of fishing.So I can only assume it was speed.

Big Dave...not sure exactly how long leader is, but it's close to 4'. I've been playing around with longer, lighter leaders with vibrator heads on some of my flies. I can't say whether they're any more productive or not...but they catch fish.

Kyle

Can you tell me your speed?My son and I trolled from t-falls north to scout camp 30-80ft down in 120-280 FOW.Trolled across to power plant then went south to Myers.Marked tons of bait fish tried every color under the sun,had only 3 releases for over 8 hrs of fishing.So I can only assume it was speed.

;);)

I think It's KADE ! He is a FISHING MACHINE ! ! :clap:

NICE Job guys!!

I want to fish but got to lay low and save up some dough... :no:;(

Big Dave...not sure exactly how long leader is, but it's close to 4'. I've been playing around with longer, lighter leaders with vibrator heads on some of my flies. I can't say whether they're any more productive or not...but they catch fish.

Kyle

:yes:

I did the same thing when I was fishing peanuts a lot , I think my longest was 35" with a 10# leader. Thought was that a lighter line would alow the peanut to move more.....................made a few up with braid and put a piece of a WD40 tube inside the peanut to keep the braid from cutting thru.......darn line was so thin it was hard to keep the leader from getting knotted up...............let us know how you make out..................been thinking about putting a peanut in front of a fly , works good with a "peanut" fly never tried a trolling fly .....YET !!!!! :P

I think you're right Carolyn...it was Kade. Lately, I've been letting him decide what goes in the water, and at what depths based on what he sees on the fish finder while I start setting up. In fact, he made me pull both rods on one rigger and change spoons, which was just prior to things getting crazy. Gonna have to buy him a bigger hat soon. :lol: Actually I can't wait 'til he gets just a little bigger...then he can work the back of the boat while I drive...'scept I still won't get to reel in many fish. :lol::lol:

Kyle