Check this out! Both out of Cranberry

That's a fine catch; easily the biggest bow fin I've ever seen. I used to catch them in Port Bay when I was kid but never a giant like that. In fact, I remember catching my first bow fin and leaving it on the dock so I could show my dad. That fish laid motionless on the dock for 45 minutes and when I put it back in it took off as if it were fresh as could be. I wasn't even aware that mirror carp swim in our waters.

I noticed a fly rod. How'd you catch these fish? Help me out.......I want to take my son out there to catch a monster like that.

Please, please, PLEASE! For all who read this..... If anyone who sees this who think that a bowfin is just another name for a snakehead, you are absolutely mistaken. Get to teaching yourself about the difference between these two completely different and only similar looking species. It's like thinking a rock bass is an oscar!! Or a walleye is in the pike family... There is plenty of literature out there about these two fish, including a recent back issue of New York Outdoor News and the link that "jammer" supplied, as well as the above reply by "shelby lynn" to help....

Why is it every time someone posts a picture of a bowfin, someone ALWAYS says they think it's a snakehead?

Just curious...

Tim

i guess its just fun.....

internet rhetoric

snakeheads are way cooler than bowfin and would beat the bowfin up in a fight...

:yes:

LOL

Snakeheads.from what I've heard,are really disruptive to a fishery.

Funny comment though :D