Canandaigua 9/19

Sunday tcon Tom, Dustin and Nick were aboard for great fishing and great weather. We went 5/6 starting at 9:15 ending around 12:45. We had bites on Siggs Rigs flies compliments of Storm aka turp, blue green hypnotist behind green dot spin dr. and green glow behind a mountain dew spin dr. Those were both wire diver set ups out 115' and 165'. Also ran a rigger down 100' with white chrome/ crush glow 8" echip with a atomik mirage fly and picked up a lake trout. Also had 61' rigger with shark and probe fire with a Mag NK spook 40' back. The pic shows Tom's nice bow of the wire with that Siggs fly. Thanks again Storm. Another thanks to Pete Collin for a fly he tied that picked up a 9" rainbow, the 8" blue chrome flasher pulling that that nice tandem hook with atomik hammer color pattern was just too much to resist for that tough little fish. Great rainbow fishery here on Canandaigua Lake.

100_2653.jpg

My pleasure Mike. Thats a great looking bow. We had one heck of a laker bite just south of the condos early between 60 and 75' down. Then the bows took took over after the sun came up. After we spoke I headed down to the white rock and picked up a couple more. Some guy trolling solo must have never heard of leadcore and cut right behind me and decided to take my two 10 colors for a ride! Good thing there's a 1000' of backer :)

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

I would call Pelican Point Marina, they are on County Rd 11, aka East Lake Rd, just off Rte 364 aka East Lake Rd.

They have a launch but it is only open during their business hours. They used to charge 5.00 in 5.00 out but maybe with the north end ramps closed they might change their tune if enough anglers hit them up. The north end has been hot, just ask Brett, but he's the only one that can get out there.

I've been driving by Pelican Point Marina a lot and he's been parking a truck in the launch. I don't think he really wants any outside people launching. 585-554-5400, Terry is the Manager. Mike is right, if he lets you launch it's only from 8am-6pm now. I hope he lets me get my boat out! I make the trip to the south end sometimes, it's only a 15 minute boat ride! I('ll let ya know what I've been doing for em! BTW Nice fish guys!