More Monterey Bay Kings with a Seabass bonus!!!!!!!!!!

CaliNick

Hit the bay last Sat. In search of Seabass ans Kings. Started the morning 4 miles north of Moss Landing looking for the big white seabass. Fallowed one of my buddies up to his honey hole and he was hooked up with a double of 40lb. class bass. On my first drift i had a take down but no stick. on the third drift one of my rods doubles over and the fish takes at least 80 yards before i can get it out of the holder. Once the rod was in hand all I could do was watch another 150 yards of drag go. Once worked close to the boat these fish sound and it is an up and down battle to get them up. Once the fish was up a quick swipe with the gaff and it was in the box. After another drift i ran 12 miles to the south in search of kings. Once on the salmon grounds the two of us were in the fish instantly. with no another boat in sight. around 3:30 we had three keepers in the box and had let go another 10 of so shakers. The wind had come up making it nearly impossible to keep a tack or correct speed. So we called it a salmon season. enjoy the pics. Nick

DSC04943_2.jpg

DSC04950_3.jpg

DSC04953_3.jpg

DSC04961_3.jpg

DSC04965_2.jpg

DSC04967_2.jpg

DSC04968_1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...