conesus,9/21

started on the west side around 7am. caught a bass and had a couple follows. bout 8:30 it got cloudy and the wind picked up pretty good. game on! the pike went nuts. i was getting bit or followed every 3 or 4 casts for a little over an hour. i lost count,must have boated ten anyway and lost or missed twice as many. couple of 'em were upper 30's shovelheads. around 9:30 or 10 it slowed down,but i was still getting bit every 20 minutes or so. all the fish were in the weeds in 3 to 6fow. iwas plowing a big spinnerbait through the veggies.

002.jpg i caught this tiger the same way in 4fow.

003.jpg

004.jpg

this is where i caught it. while i was loading up the dec showed up with 2 truckloads of 10 inch tigers. they said they had 9300 of 'em.

008.jpg

005.jpg

not all of our tax money gets wasted!

Awesome :yes: Looks like the DEC loads the boat and then spreads them around out in the lake... very cool. I always thought they just dumped them in right at the launch.

I was out there sat am and also had a period of about an hour where they turned on pretty good, got a couple pike and a tiger- all action for me came on tuff shads

nice day! I went out sunday and got smoked....not a damn thing. but there was zero wind and nothing but blue bird skies so I should have figured the bite wouldnt be that good...still tried though but i was in 12-15 fow fishing edges with big jerks maybe i should try my blades again

Nice report old man! Congrats on the great day :clap::yes: Mike and I had luck earlier this year fishing bucktails up in shallower bays (5ft) but the weeds were still down at the time enough to make it fishable.

• 2 weeks later...

Old Man,

That could be the best use of our tax money we will see in NY no doubt. Not surprised the Pike turned on when it got windy. Pike like wind. I bet the barometer was just right on that day. Congrats.