hi all, I"m new on here and havent been out on the lake with my own boat in a long time anyways , going too take out the rug rats (kids) out on sunday out of the river or the I-bay and if i can"t hit any browns or steelies does anyone now how deep the lake trout are ? just incase all else fails i can keep them busy . also is anyone getting any salmon ?

We have been getting a decent catch of Kings and Rainbows in 180FOW-250FOW. We went out Thursday mourning for a couple of hours but could not run out the 7miles because of the 4-6' swells. We decided to start in 100fow and trolled NE out to 150fow down temp was low 50's and we marked a decent amount of bait and a few fish.

We fish out of IBAY and head NE becuase it gets deep quickly

Good luck!

ok i will go out of the bay then , cleaner anyways than the river ,when fishing for the steelies and browns do you run flashers or dodgers ? or have any luck doing so ? thx agian for any info

Motoman,

Steelies/rainbows will hit just about anything that you troll behind the boat. they also tend to be a bit higher in the water than kings, and you can troll faster if you like- say up to 2.7 or even 2.8mph.

My favorite steelhead lures are anything you see on this board for kings and rapala J-7 to j-9 jointed plug in silver/ black, rainbow, firetiger, and blue/silver.

They aren't boat shy, I've had them hit lures that I was setting out for the riggers and they were right on the surface 20-30 feet behind the boat- ripping the line right out of my hand!!!

There are few nicer fish to catch, they jump like crazy and fight like no tomorrow. I'd bet pound for pound they are as much fun to catch as kings.

Have fun and stay safe.

I occasionally run dodgers, usually plain silver luhr jensen 6" ones placed 30-36" in front of the spoon or plug.

sounds like you do real good out there, thx for the advice ,i will be trying everything you said keep a look out for me my boat is a 20ft four winns dark blue with white ( tomahawk ) on the back thx agian ill let you now what i do ! john