Yankee at the Genny 9/24-9/25

Saturday morning it was a paddle fly bite for us. Black Spinny w/ green dots pulling an A-TOM-MIK Nuclear Green fly back 20' down 15'. That combo took 3 Kings. The other combo that went was a black Spinny w/ crushed glow and Mtn. dew tape pulling an A-TOM-MIK live TG 30 back on the wire. We went 3 for 5 on the Kings in the morning. The afternoon trip was slow. We managed one precocious male and a sheepy on the same hot combo from the morning.

Sunday morning we fished for 3 hours and went 0 for 4 on Kings. Two of them took a Moonshine Flounder Pounder plug fished 75' back on top, one took the Moonshine Crab Face plug fished 75' back on top, and the fourth took a Stinger Wonder Bread fished 30' back on the wire.

I've given in-lines a real chance the last few weekends, and I now HATE them beyond belief. When we flat-lined plugs without them at the piers our landing percentage was in the high 80's. I can't say we have landed a King that hit a flat-lined plug behind on of these. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I am going back to my Otter Boats! LOL

Here are two from Saturday in the mid twenties.

2011_09_24_09_46_18_693.jpg

2011_09_24_07_27_49_277.jpg

I also have a couple 30# mono / heavy rod set ups. This year I started to rig the in-lines to "not" trip when a fish hits. I'll take them off as the fish gets closer. Not a great memory, but I don't think I lost as many fish on them this year.

Also Rick, I'd hate to see you lose an Otter Board while in combat mode, cause it will happen.

I fished it on 25lb mono, and rigged it to not come off the line when a fish hits. I even muscled one in with the tip pointed at the board to keep it from diving. Oh well, I don't have to worry about it for a year! Big boards come out in March!