Anyone catch this in the paper yesterday?

i saw it....wasnt a fan of it at all. they keep mentioning in the article how rare they are becoming in the st lawrence and how affected they were by vhs and how the guy said it was a 1/1000000 odds of catching it and then the guy kills it to put it on his wall...too bad a muskie guy couldnt have caught her and released her on her way instead these bass/walleye guys stumble on them and throw em on the wall

that's a nice fish,too bad it's dead. i'd have released it but i didn't catch it. i guess if you catch it legally it's up to you what you do with it. if you don't fish muskies you don't know how rare a fish like that is. when i started chasing muskie i couldn't wait for my "one for the wall" as they used to say. when i finally got one in my boat i knew right then i could never kill such an awesome animal. we need a 60" limit throughout the muskie's range to ensure the future of the species.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah sad thing is no one would be able to tell the difference between a skin mount and a reproduction. Plus the repo lasts a lifetime. I agree with old man - 60" limit statewide. Youd think DEC would of made special regs after the vhs wiped out half the population in 05 for the St. Larry. Stupid move. Should be mandatory catch and release, period.