Cayuga Launch?

thanks stinger, but that's a bit too far north. We're going up to a place near poplar beach just for the day on Sunday (with the kids), and coming up from the south end of the lake. I've lauched out of Taughannock before, but even that would be too much time in transit on the boat for the kids and the wife to justify bringing the boat up. If I can get to a lauch that's 15 to 30 mins away by boat, and close enough that she can drive the trailer back without me, then she'd bless it - otherwise I'll be boatless!!

I thought about long point cause that's close by water, but then we'd have to drive all the way up the east side and then she'd have to drive the trailer and kids back down and up the west side - then repeat the process at the end of the day - I know that won't fly! Fishing is all about weather permitting and wife consenting... ;)

Thanks,

You can use the launch at Sheldrake PT it's a couple miles below long point on the West side. I have used the launch before to launch a friends 25 cruiser, but it's no state launch.

Wait, not I'm confused. I thought long point was on the east side, half way up the lake near aurora, and deans was just south of Seneca Falls, on the northern west side? Am I totally wrong here?

Like I said above, long point would be great by water - cause it's close to my destination, but by car my wife would need to drive all the way back around to the other side of the lake to get to where we'll be, then reverse that when it's time to go home... way to much driving just to get the boat in the water for a day (in the mind of the wife ;) )

long point is approx42.43.00 north line deans cove is approx42.44.50 north line or approx 1.39miles north and the lake is about 2 mi wide there.. deans is about 7 miles north of interlaken beach shelldrake is about 2.5 miles north of the beach..deans is at the end of vinyard road off rt 414 maybe 2 miles north where 96 and 414 split...CAN YOU TYPE Mapquest

THanks to everyone for the assistance. Yes, I did go out of dean's which is right near sheldrake, and right where I needed to be. Here's why I was confused:

Link to the site (which shows the picture of the launch, and that is indeed it):

http://nysparks.state.ny.us/parks/info.asp?parkID=10

Mapquest of the contact info. address from the upper right of that page:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?se ... y&zipcode=

As you can see, it's a little confusing, since they didn't provide an address to Deans, but rather contact info., which was for a state park farther up the lake! Not knowing the area, but being really good at typing, it was MAPQUEST that contributed to the confusion ;) Thanks again!